Who We Are
Touching Families, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit, locally based, social service partner committed to enhancing the lives of all family members. We believe in keeping children with their family, with the intent of preserving rich cultural contexts and bonds of kinship.
Partnerships are fundamental.
At Touching Families, Inc., we believe building strong community partnerships is vital to the growth, stability, and harmony of families. Touching Families Inc. partners with a variety of community agencies including: Allegheny County Department of Human Services; Family Support Centers; Health Care Providers; Churches; and other community based organizations to engage individuals and families with services. We believe creating these partnership connections between agencies and families, makes for stronger relationships, increases engagement practices, and creates more responsive service organizations.
Our Mission & Vision
Enhancing the lives of family members by creating partnership opportunities.
Our mission is guided by a threefold vision:
- We envision collaborative community partnerships that enhance opportunities and resources for all members.
- We see the success and leadership of each staff member as integral to helping mentor others towards their purpose and passion.
- We imagine a community where multi-cultural reconciliation efforts help build and expand a network of faithful and committed families.
- We treasure the kinship bonds found in family life.
- We acknowledge, affirm, and accept cultural diversity in all of its facets.
- We purpose to be excellent and deliver quality services to all of our partners.
- We honor community participation as a means of enhancing the life of every family member.
- We respect the relationship between teamwork and change.
- We value the services and expertise of our partners.
Touching Families, Inc. is committed to assuring the privacy and confidentiality of protected personal health information. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 requires us to maintain the privacy of protected health information and to provide individuals with a notice of our legal duties and privacy policies with respect to protected health information.
Touching Families, Inc. will not permit the unauthorized disclosure of protected health information except as permitted by law or through our contractual obligations with the Department of Human Services in Allegheny County. As defined by the Act, disclose means the transfer, release, provision of access to, or divulging in any other manner of information outside the entity holding the information. Touching Families, Inc. will take appropriate disciplinary action against any member of its workforce who violates its privacy policies and procedures or any applicable state or federal confidentiality law or regulation, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
If you believe that your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint in writing with the Privacy Official at the Office of Human Resources at Touching Families Inc, located Inc. at 338 East Ninth Avenue, Homestead, PA. 15120.