Touching Families, Inc. provides a variety of services and programs for our partners. By making connections with community networks, we offer supportive resources and the encouragement everyone needs to sustain a peaceful, stable and whole family.
Family and Community Teaming
Family and Community Teaming (FACT) is a voluntary service that helps families develop a plan based on family strengths and needs. FACT services recognize that families may face certain situations which can cause anxiety, fear and uncertainty. We believe that families are able to create their own plan, made up of family identified needs, outcomes, and action steps in order to best address their unique needs and challenges.
How Does FACT Work?
- A member of our team will contact you to discuss FACT services.
- A Team Facilitator will be assigned to build a team of people to support the plan created by your family. The team can include family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, teachers, faith-based supports and other community resources important to support the interests and needs of your family.
- Family identified team members attend a Family Conference to create realistic action steps that are designed to help your family reach desired outcomes. Your family has the power to identify the services and providers that they wish to work with, and who they feel can best help you achieve your family’s goals.
- A Follow-Up Teaming Meeting occurs to review the family plan and it may be revised according to the changing needs of your family.
By strengthening family relationships and building on natural supports, families develop a family-driven plan to guide them through difficult times without the involvement of the Office of Children, Youth and Families. Family and Community Teaming values the decisions of family members, and the expertise and services of community organizations in supporting the needs of families. FACT works in partnership with Allegheny County Department of Human Services to support the needs of families, children and individuals.
Summer Food Service Program
The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) was established to ensure that eligible children receive nutritious meals when school is not in session. Free meals, which meet Federal nutrition guidelines, are provided to all children at approved SFSP sites. The SFSP operates primarily in the summer months-from May through September, and this is based on the site’s school district calendar.
Touching Families is known with the Pennsylvania Department of Education as a sponsoring organization. As a sponsor Touching Families, Inc. manages the financial, administrative, and food service responsibilities of operating the Summer Food Program. Touching Families, Inc. works directly with sites to provide nutritious meals to children.
Sites that Touching Families, Inc. works with include:
- Community Summer Camps
- Library Reading Programs
- Family Support Centers
- Community Swimming Pools
- Churches and Vacation Bible Schools
- Community Organizations that offer work programs for teens
- Community Little League Ball Clubs
- Summer Camp Dance Schools
- Daycare/Childcare Centers
- Other community based resource organizations
Touching Families, Inc. teamed up with local partners to provide food for youth while they were working on a Martin Luther King Mural in Pittsburgh, PA. Please enjoy the video below as TFI was asked to participate in the unveiling of the Martin Luther King Mural in the Oakland area of Pittsburgh.
Summer Food and Nutrition Site Mentorship
Touching Families, Inc. provides mentoring to other organizations that are interested in learning more about becoming a Summer Food Service Program Sponsor. We are able to work one on one with organizations to navigate the process of:
- Summer Food Service Program Sponsor and Site Eligibility Requirements
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Sponsor Application
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Site Applications
- Program Fiscal Management Assistance
- Monitoring Requirements
Seasons of Giving
Our Seasons of Giving Program provides individuals, organizations, and corporations with the opportunity to directly impact children through financial contributions, tangible donations and services. Our program serves to create collaborative relationships between families and community organizations.
If you are interested in partnering with us and want to make a difference in the lives of families, children and communities, please click here for more information.
Baby Care Bank
The goal of our Baby Care Bank is to provide families with infants who are in need of infant apparel, safety equipment, diapers, hygiene products, and other child care items through donations from our partnering resources.
A referral from a local agency and positive identification are required.